Sunday, August 05, 2007

I Go Back to Abbeyleix and Learn A Little About Irish Politics. But, I'm Going to Talk About Pool.

I headed back to Abbeyleix before going to Dublin, and I must say that it felt great to walk into a pub and be greeted by name. And, to go out with people that you know. I can't stress enough how Kevin's wonderful family and friends have really taken me in like family.

After a quick bite in the pub, we went next door to another pub to play some pool. Or, I should say, I went next door to watch some pool. Irish pool is much different than American pool. The balls and pockets are smaller and there are no stripes and solids. Instead, there are two different solid colors, a black ball, and a smaller white ball. Maybe the smaller pockets force you to be a better shot but I've never seen pool played like that before. It was like watching ESPN. In duotone. Impressive.

I also learned a great deal about Irish politics. While that was even more interesting than the pool, it's also a lot harder to capture here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

greggy, i miss you already.
hope you're having the best time of your life, bro.

dyedad

Anonymous said...

oh, and you really should write for the onion.

i miss the self deprecating fioretti humor.

dyedad