Friday, August 03, 2007

I Go to a Mini Mardi Gras. Er, I Mean Galway

I headed to Galway after Doolin. Little did I know that there was a large horse race going on and it is a holiday weekend in Ireland. Galway was beautiful but it was packed. It reminded me a little of Mardi Gras. Without the flashing. And, with more Irish music. That night I went out with a couple of Irish lads (that's the lingo) and had an interesting, and crowded hostel experience that I'll try to tell you about later. In the meantime, here's a quick Galway pic.


And a couple more pics of Ireland from my travels.




I'm not saying these are good photos. It's just that every 4 feet in Ireland, you come across another photo opportunity. I think the easiest job here must be 'Postcard Maker' because all you'd have to do is set up shop, open up your back door, take a picture and go in and start printing. You'd only really have to worry about keeping enough green ink on hand.

Conversely, I think one of the hardest jobs would be trying to keep up with all the lawn mowing.







2 comments:

Halfmad said...

We stayed at the hostel here, if it's the one I'm thinking of. It was not a pleasant experience!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Galway! Went there a few years ago with Gill and I believe we feel into a bit of drunkenness there. Good times. This is my first post with you Greg and my first time checking in. Love keeping up with you in your travels. Good stuff.